Old Blue
11 years ago
Its a minor detail. For useability the flat type are more durable and clear the screen better.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
heb623
11 years ago

Sorry ET but zwitter has also round wiper arms.

nicolass wrote:

When did I say that a zwitter did not have round wipers than?:shock:

:evil: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
nicolass
11 years ago

Hello Dave,

My book says that the round wiper erms changed 01.10.1952!
However my book doesn't say's anything of what kind of rubber(s) that was used!!
That's a purist question!!!:rofl:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

Your book is not correct you dont need it anymore trow it in the fireplace
Zwitter was made after 1-10-52 and has round wiperarms even so the early ovals
heb623
11 years ago

Your book is not correct you dont need it anymore trow it in the fireplace
Zwitter was made after 1-10-52 and has round wiperarms even so the early ovals

nicolass wrote:

Sorry Nicol ass you have to throw the book in your stove, overhere in Belgium the people are already more civilised and developed they just use more modern heating systems!!!:rofl:

But about the wiper issue you are wright! I overlooked a page of my famous book!!!
I looked again and saw the mistake I made!!!:oops:

The change on "Scheibenwischer: arme aus flachprofiel, Blätter-Tannenbaum profil. Metalleffekt Lackiert. Bisher: verchromt

Changed on 21.12.1953 Chassisnr 1 - 0575 417

Sorry again, but atleast you can not say that I don't correct my mistakes!!:p

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Rod_vw
11 years ago
Let's throw another stone on the water!

21.12.1953 says change to flat arms painted metallic effect from round arms CHROME. Were they always chrome? My guess is no but is there any documentary evidence to say so? I would like to know for the '46.

By the way the confusion over Oct 1952 and Dec 1953 comes with the note at Oct 52 saying strengthened wipers which I guess some have taken as the change from round to flat arms.

For the benefit of the OP, I have some of each type (flat & round arm) and can dig them out and compare the rubber if he requires me to.

Rod.
Rattletrap
11 years ago

By the way the confusion over Oct 1952 and Dec 1953 comes with the note at Oct 52 saying strengthened wipers which I guess some have taken as the change from round to flat arms.Rod.

Rod_vw wrote:

I think that was where I went adrift, Rod:oops:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
vintagebug
11 years ago
Were SWF the only OEM supplier for the round wiper arms & bases? Or were there others as well, eg Bosch?

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"